2 Tbsp butter
6 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 C Ivory Choffy (not brewed)
2 Tbsp evaporated milk
6 fuji or honeycrisp apples
1 (11oz) pkg Kraft caramel bites
1 C milk chocolate chips
1 tsp canola oil
2 pieces parchment paper
6 wooden popsicle sticks or twigs
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and stir until creamy, add choffy and stir to coat. (will be crumbly)
- Pour out onto parchment paper and spread to cool.
- Stir often while cooling to keep pieces separated.
- Once cool crumble with fingers if needed.
- Wash and dry apples throughly and inserting wooden popsicle or twig into the center of each apple, place on parchment paper.
- Pour chocolate chips and oil in microwave safe bowl (I used a ceramic cereal bowl), microwave 30 seconds and stir well, microwave 15 seconds more, stirring until smooth.
- Repeat, if necessary, until smooth.
- Dip each apple in chocolate- tipping the bowl and pressing apple against sides to cover approximately 3/4 way up the apple.
- Set on parchment paper to set and cool.
- When chocolate is set up and hardened, prepare caramel for dipping.
- Melt Caramel bites according to package directions.
- Pour caramel into a small narrow bowl (I used a cereal bowl) very quickly dip each apple into caramel- tipping the bowl and pressing apple against sides to cover approximately 1/2 way up the apple.
- Work quickly to avoid melting too much of the chocolate layer on the apple.
- Press bottom of apple into the Candies Choffy and place back on parchment paper to set and cool.
- Eat once cooled and set up.
*use any leftover Candied Choffy as a garnish for any dessert or enjoy it all by itself! Yum.