1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp butter, softened
3/4 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp Volta Dark Choffy, strongly brewed
4 oz 70% dark chocolate, rough chopped
1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line half sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt; whisk to incorporate.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter and add sugar; mix 2 minutes to cream.
- Add eggs one at a time, scrapping with each addition.
- Add vanilla and Volta Dark Choffy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix to 80% combined then add chopped dark chocolate; mix to combine.
- Dump dough onto parchment paper, wet hands with water and form into a log- approx 12-18 inches long by 5-6 inches wide. (will be sticky)
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until center is firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven, reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- Let biscotti cool 15 minutes.
- Using serrated knife, cut into 1 inch wide pieces and turn each piece to lay on it’s side on the pan.
- Bake additional 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Cool completely.
- Once cool, microwave semi-sweet chocolate chips on high for 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds more until smooth.
- Using a fork, drizzle over biscotti using a back and forth motion.
- Allow to cool to set.
- Enjoy with a mug of your favorite variety of Choffy!