Posted by Ruthie on 9/9/2019 to
Choffy Steak Marinade
8 oz hot water
4 Tbsp La Española Choffy
1.5 pounds top sirloin steak
1 clove garlic, minced
6-8 black peppercorns
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1 small bay leaf
3-4 sprigs parsley
quart size freezer bag
- Brew hot water and La Española Choffy; set aside to cool.
- In freezer bag combine cooled choffy, garlic, peppercorns, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, parsley; gently shake to combine.
- Add steak into bag, remove as much air as possible, and seal.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 6 hours – 12 hours to marinate.
- (Rotate side to side 2-3 times allowing marinade to coat evenly)
- When ready to serve: preheat oven broiler on high, remove steak and place on broiling pan.
- Cook 5-6 minutes per side or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Allow to rest 3-5 minutes before cutting and serving.